Sunday, October 16, 2005

Differences and simlarities

I am sure I will be adding to this all the time but here are some comparisons between the good ole USA and Senegal

Things that make me go "Hmmm..."
-I feel like my fingernails haven't really been clean since I got here
-The Mosques here have loud speakers pointed out at the neighborhood, I am lucky enough to live right next door to one, some dude sings into the microphone at various times during the day, including 4 a.m. On thursdays this loud strange singing goes on from 10pm to about 2am
-Having a big ass is a good thing for women here (see previous post)
-All th vehicles here are castoffs from Europe and maybe the US and thus most of them bemch out black smoke much of the time

Things that make me say "This is the developing world?"
-Shirts with 50 Cent, Eminem, Susan G Komen, Von Dutch, etc on them
-Reruns of "Married with Children" and that terrible soap opera "Passions" (both in French) on the tv
-Ice cream and french fries
-Internet across the street (thankfully)
-My family with their kickass house

No comments:

Post a Comment